Friday 9 January 2009

My Music magazine Contents Page Evaluation


This is my first draft contents page of my music magazine. I have made it simple yet understandable with my choice of pictures and text. This is so that my audience will be able to find what they are looking for quickly and easily. I have based this on other music magazine publications such as NME and Kerrang!

The main basic colours of the page are green with a white background which will be featured all over the publication. This is very efficient as if we used lots of colour around the pages such as black the reader will end up with smudge marks on their fingers because of the printing ink. It is also simple as I do not want too much colour on to the page.
I have layed out the page in to two sections. The first section, which is on the left hand side, will hold the names of the all the bands/artists that are featured in that issue and the page number of were to find them. The second section, the right hand side, holds the usual features of the magazine such as news, up and coming tours/gigs e.t.c. this makes it easier for the reader to look for something than just simply guessing where the band/artist is in the magazine.

Even though the page is very neatly designed, I still think that I should add some more colour and images to the background as it still looks quite plain. I think that if I did add more colours I would use black as the colour represents some of the cults and social groups that will read my magazine such as Goths and Emo’s.

1 comment:

JML said...

You are clearly developing a 'house' style which is very important. I agree with your points.