Friday 9 January 2009

My Music Magazine Cover Evaluation


This is my first draft cover of my new music publication called Chemical Waste! I have based this magazine on other successful music publications. Have made sure that I have added puffs, buzz words, anchorage text and have made use of the sweep spot by putting a big clear heading for my main topic. I have even added a bar code for to make it look authentic.

The target audience for my magazine is 15-25 year olds. This is because they not only start to come into money, but they also buy lots of magazines at this age. The social audience is for people who listen to rock and its main genres such as Punk, Metal, Gothic e.t.c. I have catered to those who like different types of rock music as this makes the publications audience wider. this means that my magazine will be perfect for those who belong to cults like Emos and Goths.

The colours on my magazines are have been kept basic with only black, white and various shades of green. This is so that the cover does not look too over done and cluttered with colours. I have only used one image as I don’t want too much happening on the page to make it looked too jumbled up. All colours have to go together so it looks professional. The layout is very simple so as to make sure the readers know what they are looking of on the cover of the magazine.

To make improvements I think that I could add some more text to the cover. I could also change some of the colours I have made to the text from green to black for example. I want my magazine cover to speak out to the readers and grab their attention. I could maybe add some more pictures so as to make it look even more authentic. I will also change the image as i think that it is not entirely suitable for my magazine. I will take a better image that will suit all of my readers.

1 comment:

JML said...

Make sure that you are clear that these are your drafts.

Well done Hayley, keep up the good work!